Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New kid on the block

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gotbent

gotbent

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:26 PM

Hello everybody, I just found this place and thought I'd check her out. I got myself a name, so now I guess I'm part of your posse and you all are my computer homeys. So I have this inclination to resist anything I feel is "forcing me to change" or that is "what everybody is doing these days" and have held out as long as possible against sucmbing to things like: computers,dvd players, cell phones, digital cameras etc. Consequently I don't know ding-dittly-ding-dittly-ding-dang-dong about anything computer related. I have always been a nerd, I just never crossed the divide into "computer nerd" but I love and adore nerds of shapes and sizes. My name, well I just made it up right now and thought it was fitting. I was going to put getbent and thought "why do I always lean towards being insulting" and then I figured it must be because at some point I got bent, or maybe it's a birth defect. (Both of my parents were weird at the time of my conception) Ayway if you notice anyone asking real retard questions about thier PC that'll probably be me. ( I can't hear ya laugh so go right ahead) . Later:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 19 July 2005 - 07:22 PM

Love your sense of humor "gotbent".

Welcome to Bleeping Computer forums.

I think you'll find a crowd here of similarly bent (in a few instances) individuals.

Take what you need from the forums and tutorials, etc.,
and give back such as you are able to others.

regards,
KoanYorel

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

Just remember that everyone here began knowing next to nothing about computers, and so they can remember how confusing computing can be when they read your questions. "Nerds" were not born full-grown from the head of Athena.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:07 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! gotbent.
We won't laugh, we all started somewhere as well. We didn't become smart over night with computers.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users