Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista not detecting hard drive.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miss_kitty

miss_kitty

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hi guys.

I have Vista Home Premium installed on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Vista began running slowly, BSOD'd, rebooted automatically & since then does not seem to be able to detect my Intel hard drive upon start-up. The drive does not show as present in the set-up menu & diagnostics freeze when searching for it.

Unfortunately, I am at work at the moment & do not have the offending computer with me, so I can't be 100% sure of exact model numbers & versions. I do not have a boot CD, as Vista was pre-installed on my laptop.

Very concerned, as I have a lot of un-backed-up data & a large portion of my income comes from eBay business, which I am currently unable to maintain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 purpleDude

purpleDude

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hi.
If you can't boot your Windows Vista you can try to boot from livecd and check your Hard Drive If it will not help you can backup your data to flash drive with using livecd. You can choose livecd here
http://www.livecdlist.com/frontpage?order=...e&sort=desc
Dowload one of them and burn on cd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users