Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HANNS.G 17" MONITOR

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 omaroo

omaroo

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

Hi i have had a new computer for a couple of months, but recently i have been having quality issues when watch videos/films, which didnt happen b4. When i play a video/film it gives lines through the video and it looks all pixels. What can be done, will changing the resolution help or has something happend to my monitor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

guys why is no one helping me.

#3 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

You should first try updating the video drivers. Is the video on the motherboard or do you have a separate video card?

How much RAM does your video card have?

If it is on the motherboard, I would buy a separate video card.

If it is a separate card, update the drivers. (remove the first ones through Device Manager)

Have you installed any new programs or hardware in the past couple of weeks? How much RAM is in the computer (not the video card)?

Over time, new programs and updates can add to the processes.

DR

#4 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

i got 3gb ram memoery, confusd with video card, not sure what u mean, video card is gd i think, so is my graphics card. I got told i need better cables as vga isnt good enough for my system.

#5 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

Now you have me confused. :huh:

You have a video card as well as a Graphics Card? If so, you are getting into an area I am not familiar with. :huh:

Digital is definitely better than standard (or super) VGA. You should still get a decent picture from the VGA output. :thumbsup:

Whichever card you have your monitor hooked to, you must verify whether it is the card or the monitor. Only way to do that is by swapping the components.

If your motherboard has on-board video available, I would remove the video (or graphics) card and see if the on-board video displays the same.

DR

#6 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:40 AM

u really have confused me mate, not advacned with computers not sure wat u mean, I got a graphics card on motherboard not sure bout video card, thing is they sed with most vga mointors u will get blurryness and fuzzyness, anyway to stop this, or would i need a better monitor with DVI support function.

#7 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

anyone help me, why is this forum so slow.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

System manufacturer and model?

No one (I guess that you don't think the efforts of Rigacci count) has "helped" you because you haven't properly responded to questions which have been asked...in an effort for those who don't have access to your system to get a better idea of what your words mean.

What are "quality issues" if the only time they occur is when watching videos? If they don't occur with normal use of the system...or any other time...it seems to me that it might be a "quality issue" with the videos you are attempting to watch.

If it doesn't occur with all video files...online or on the system...same conclusion.

Louis

#9 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:41 AM

how to i check my system manufacturer, also the quality on most of my vids are average, i got told it was due to having a vga monitor.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

The manufacturer (e.g., Dell, Gateay, eMachines, etc.) and the model (Presario 1234, T3428, etc.) should be clearly visible on the exterior of the case.

If it's a laptop, it's on there somewhere...should be visible to naked eye.

If you bought it recently...it should also appear on the documentation for your purchase.

Louis

#11 omaroo

omaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

its a highgrade machine not sure about model no

Edited by omaroo, 06 September 2009 - 08:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users