Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32 junkpoly[cryp] virus in my comp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NaveeN786

NaveeN786

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

Hello everyone!
3 days ago my computer is infected with this virus. my avast detected it and deleted but it come again and again. i also do boot scan with scan archived files 2-3 times but nothing... i try every malware rootkit even combofix not run it says its files are compromised. i google it and found that it is polymorphic virus and infects exe and scr files. i am not seeking any help to remove it cause its too late my mostly exe files are corrupted the only solution is i found by googling is to format the drive.but the problem is that i have more than 10000 songs and same with photos and i have no backup. i want to know that if i copy them to one partition 'f' which is not infected and format the other three drives is it safe. is it remove the infection totally. there is no exe and scr files in f drive ,only songs and photos. please tell me.

i am new to site so dont know where to post this topic so i post it here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

Hi,

I'm going to redirect you to the HijackThissection of this forum. This, because it's a deeper infection.
Read this page and follow it's steps: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Please give them a link to this topic.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

#3 NaveeN786

NaveeN786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:53 AM

hi,
thanks for the reply...
well my computer becomes totally unresponsive and all my exe files are corrupted and also internet not working, so i format my drive after backing up my songs and images.
now my pc is clean.
well BC helps me a lot whenever my pc is infected i search this site and really find a solution.
thanks again.
you may close this thread.

#4 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:05 AM

Hi,

Sometimes a format is the best solution. Good luck with it.
You're always welcome here when you have problems. :thumbsup:

Have a nice day.

#5 JunkPolyKiller

JunkPolyKiller

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:50 AM

How I got rid of Junkpoly Win32:JunkPoly [Cryp].

I backed up all my important documents onto a USB stick.

But DO NOT back up any .exe files as they are likely to be infected. As soon as you run these junkpoly will come straight back.

Full format of the hard drive.

Copy files back onto PC after fresh install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users