Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Collected.AF trojan!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 radar3000lr

radar3000lr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:17 PM

Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario running Windows XP Home Edition with firewall and AVG complete package. I have even run a spyware program, but nothing is working to remove the Collected.AF trojan! I have even run my computer in safe mode with the system restore turned off, looked for the install.exe file, checked to make sure there weren't hidden files, but still can't find the file. Is there a way to manually remove the trojan from the Run: regedit mode? I don't want to delete files that are important. I have tried to download free scanners, but all of them keep saying download failed. I am on horribly slow dialup.

help!

Bonnie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:15 PM

1. google for panda active scan and see if it will remove it. If 1. doesn't work go here and run the sysclean fe or sys-up.
Posted Image

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:24 AM

It might be best if you submit a hijackthis log here.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

If you have a friend who's got internet access and a CD burner download these and run them on your PC (Note: You may need to copy some of these to the infected PC's hdd for them to run. If not try downloading them and see if they get corrupted. The DrWeb cureit is the smallest option at around 4mb.

Try running Sysclean you'll also need the virus template file from here lpt***.zip

or

DrWeb CureIT

If your good with the command line also try Sophos Command Line scanner

Also try installing and running A2 Free and Ewido

I'd also run Spybot and Adaware

Edited by stidyup, 20 July 2005 - 02:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users