Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop keeps Restarting after 54 Updates!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hockey_fan

Hockey_fan

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

Acer Aspire 3680, 0.99 Ram
Home Basic

Today I installed 54 updates on my computer, after re-installing Windows Vista after a virus or a corrupt internal hard drive.

After installing 54 updates, it told me to restart the system, so I clicked "restart now" and I saw it reboot.

After rebooting, I saw the screen pop up from its company, I saw "ACER" with a white background. After that, in like 3 seconds, my laptop shuts down. I dont know why.

And it does this on its own in an endless cycle.

Turns on, "ACER" page, 3 seconds- SHUTS DOWN

It does this in an endless cycle after I just had installed 54 updates.

I cannot go to Safe mode, nor can I log into my account because it doesnt show that page.

What the heck is going on? How can I fix this?

I just see the ACER page pop up, and then 3 seconds or less it just shutsdown...I dont know why

I dont know what is going on, please help I am very terrified!!!!

Much appreciated!

Edited by Hockey_fan, 24 August 2009 - 08:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ShIzNiT1707

ShIzNiT1707

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

That's an interesting one. When it shuts down, does it instantly just power off?

#3 Hockey_fan

Hockey_fan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:16 AM

That's an interesting one. When it shuts down, does it instantly just power off?

Yeah it does. I cant seem to access anything. The only thing I can do is press F2. But I dont think that will help.

#4 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:17 AM

Can you get the Boot Menu by tapping F8 during restart?

#5 Hockey_fan

Hockey_fan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

Can you get the Boot Menu by tapping F8 during restart?

it wont allow me to go to the page when I press F8...wont let me access safemode. I think the laptop is trying to get there but it wont, I see a black page with "-" hashmark in the top left corner for like 1 second or less and it shuts off.

Only the fan is making a lot of noise, no other sounds.

I clicked F3 or F4, that got me to this menu with the diagnostic tool...it didnt pick anything up. It also said what I wanted to run, the only option was "Windows Vista", so I pressed that using enter, and still it shutsdown.

Yeah this is weird I dont know what to do, and its after installing 54 updates....

Edited by Hockey_fan, 25 August 2009 - 12:24 PM.

#6 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Take out the power cord and remove the battery for a few minutes.

Then put them back and start up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users