Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stupid virus has disabled everything! Internet, sound, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tladie21

tladie21

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

My computer has a virus and it prevented me from removing it. Everytime I would go on the internet to try and remove it it would shut the computer off. Yesterday I tried to download the malwarebytes and it shut the computer off, but this time, it has disabled my ability to get on the internet. Then I tried to reset it by doing the cmd netsh command, but that does not work. I tried going into safe mode with networking but it still won't let me get on the internet here either. It says not available and when I type in any website.. like this one, or yahoo. It says webpage invalid.

After the computer restarted i noticed that my settings had been changed, the start menu was no longer blue like I had, but the classical grey. I also tried saving malwarebytes to a jump drive and then downloading it to my computer but now the computer doesn't recognize the jump drive and will not open it.

I know this is not right because I just listened to music from my jump drive earlier yesterday. Also another problem I am having now, is the sound is not working on my computer for the music I already have installed.

What do I need to do to get rid of this virus so I can get to enjoying my music all over again... I don't even need the internet anymore.. lol!! Its too dangerous!!

Thanks for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:00 AM

Hi,

I'm going to redirect you to the HijackThissection of this forum. This, because it's a deeper infection.
Read this page and follow it's steps: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Please give them a link to this topic.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

#3 tladie21

tladie21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

Since I can not access the internet to download the files what is the first step I need to do. I tried to save the malware bytes, sophos files to a CD from another computer, but it does not write, only saves it as an image something. I am going to buy a floppy disk to try and save the files to. Is this the best option for me at this point?? Or is there a way to fix the other computer to write the files to CD? It has been really hard to find floppy disks now adays.. except at walmart, and my job is not near a walmart at this time. I will wait if needed, but I really wanted to fix it with the materials I already have instead of buying more disks.. (but then again.. I guess Its still cheaper than getting my computer repaired :thumbsup:)

#4 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

Hi,

Yes, you have to use a floppy disk/CD/USB drive then.
If that won't work, you can also post your question in that section too. Buyt please be clear there that you can't run any malware programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users