Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advice on a case..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 merzin

merzin

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

Howdy all, I just got upgrading cpu and video card... (AMD 955) (ST 4890)
As of right now I am using a coolermaster Cosmos 1k. Although ti is great for keeping things quiet it is not any good for keeping my innards cool. I even bought a new side window for the cosmos and drilled a 120mm fand hole in it to get some fresh air into it through the side..My cpu stays cool (sorta) around 32c idle but my gpu gets to 85c.. Although Sapphire tech says it can run for 25 years at 85c it warms the rest of my case up (and I dont like any part above 70 if you know what I mean)

I am looking for a good case that has great airflow.. Not worries about noise as I have 4 (skythe) 120mm ultra kaze fans that run at 134 cfm and are very loud at full speed. (wife is not bothered by it anymore either lol)

I was looking at the HF case but want to know if anyone owns one? I was going to go Lain Li but am laid off right now so budget is around 100.00 (USA)

It needs to be able to hold 6 hd's and all my extra stuff.. (see pics)
Thanks sooo much for any opinions and suggestions!!!

Posted Image I know its a little messy but waiting for my hard drive to be replaced and have this TT until Friday..

Posted Image
Amd Phenom 955 @ 3.8ghz
2 gigs OCZ 1333
4 Velociraptor's in Raid 0
2 750 gig HD's in Raid 1
Pc&p 1200 watt
Saphire Tech 4890

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jobob1

jobob1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Look at the Antec 900 and the 1200. They do a great job of cooling with plenty of space.

#3 IrishGrimReaper

IrishGrimReaper

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

Howdy all, I just got upgrading cpu and video card... (AMD 955) (ST 4890)
As of right now I am using a coolermaster Cosmos 1k. Although ti is great for keeping things quiet it is not any good for keeping my innards cool. I even bought a new side window for the cosmos and drilled a 120mm fand hole in it to get some fresh air into it through the side..My cpu stays cool (sorta) around 32c idle but my gpu gets to 85c.. Although Sapphire tech says it can run for 25 years at 85c it warms the rest of my case up (and I dont like any part above 70 if you know what I mean)

I am looking for a good case that has great airflow.. Not worries about noise as I have 4 (skythe) 120mm ultra kaze fans that run at 134 cfm and are very loud at full speed. (wife is not bothered by it anymore either lol)

I was looking at the HF case but want to know if anyone owns one? I was going to go Lain Li but am laid off right now so budget is around 100.00 (USA)

It needs to be able to hold 6 hd's and all my extra stuff.. (see pics)
Thanks sooo much for any opinions and suggestions!!!

Posted Image I know its a little messy but waiting for my hard drive to be replaced and have this TT until Friday..

Posted Image

Honestly, before I'd invest in another case, I'd try sort out my cable management and see if that helps temps... No offence but that's a mess, if you spend the time at it you can sort them cables out! Let me show you...

This is what happened when I took 30 mins of my time to sort out my cables.
Posted Image

It used to look like this.
Posted Image

So before you buy a new one? Why not spend some time to see if you don't have to spend 100$ on a new case? Also if the GFX temps bother you(is that 85c under load or idle), you can turn the fan speed up on it. Using the ATI overdrive setting in their Catalyst settings, there's an option to change the fan speed(also programs like Rivatuner can do this too). The GPU shouldn't be at that temps idle, the fan could be faulty in it or there's a problem with airflow.. and with them cables that could be what's happening.

If worst comes to worst, finding a really good big case with 6 HDD bays under 100 isn't that easy, I would recommend the CoolerMaster Haf but it's got 5 bays and not 6. But a good midi tower(and something that's cheaper than a 900 while still offering the same performance/space just a different skin is it's little brother the Antec 300 ), this has 6 drive bays and it's just 60$ Seem to have free shipping with that promo code too.
|~|i7 920-D0@3.9Ghz|~|Noctua NH-U12P|~|P6T Deluxe V2|~|OcZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz|~|PNY GTX 275 898MB|~|Enermax Rev85+ 850 Watt|~|Xonar Dx 7.1|~|Lian Li P80|~|Samsung T220|~|G9|~|G11|~|Intel SSD X25M:G2-80GB|~|Windows 7 Home Premium 64|~|SteelSeries Siberia White|~|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users