Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus pro and antivirus 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 cnguyen32456

cnguyen32456

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

My computer was infected by Antivirus pro and Antivirus 2010. I've followed the instructions on the previous topics. The last part need to be done is running Malwarebytes. But this program start running for 10 -15 sec and just stops Then I try to reopen the program and it gives me the following message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Little_Buster

Little_Buster

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

This happens quite frequently.
Go to clean computer and download MBAM but rename it something else, then write it to a disc or put it on a portable drive.
Restart your computer in safe mode (By pressing F8 repeatedly when you reboot until the safe mode menu comes up) then install MBAM and see if you can then run a scan.

#3 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

My computer was infected by Antivirus pro and Antivirus 2010. I've followed the instructions on the previous topics. The last part need to be done is running Malwarebytes. But this program start running for 10 -15 sec and just stops Then I try to reopen the program and it gives me the following message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
Please help.

Two things:

1. You are not posting this issue in the proper forum, so someone will be along shortly to move your thread to the proper place.
2. If you are not using a profile with administrator account access you will need to do so in order to get the installer to run.

I have a feeling that your problem is something other than that, but getting you started in the proper forum is the first step. I would say don't do anything more until then.

Eric
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hi cnguyen32456, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I would suggest posting a topic in the Am I infected forum.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users