Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Social Security Set to Decrease

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

This morning I almost choked over my morning coffee when I read the news that there will be no COLA for SS, because there was a negative increase in inflation. What?!? I do not know about the rest of the country, but in this here neck of the woods, BC/BS is slated to go up 44%, electric in some areas 35% (others already went through that increase) telephone already went up what was it around 15% real estate taxes went up and Fast Eddie can't balance the budget so who knows what will be going up to cover that. Seniors already have not been going out now mid-way through the month because they are broke...it use to be the last week of the month they were broke. Briggs feels that the seniors are not getting hurt. Is he out of his cotton-picking mind? Or am I totally missing something here? Any thoughts on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

Thankfully, for those that need it, by law SS payments can never decrease.

However, those folks who are also paying for the Medicare Prescription Drug Program will find those payments going up a bit,

so, in effect, the actual "take home" of the SS check each month will actually drop somewhat.

I can see how this will be a serious problem for many.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users