Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

Hello, I reformatted a Compaq Presario CQ50-215NR Vista Premium-64Bit to Windows XP SP3 32-Bit

I have installed all the drivers for it with a little trouble on graphics, but I finished it succesfully.

But I cannot get my sound to work after several tries...

1.) Device Manager > Right Click > Update Driver = Failed.

2.) Device Manager > Right Click > Disable, then Enable = Failed

I remember I got it to work once.. but I cant remember it now :/ Can someone please help?

Specs :
AMD Athlon X2 Proccessor

Nvidia GeForce 8200M G

HD Audio Conexant High Defintion Smart Audio 221

Edited by ooweirdoo, 24 August 2009 - 08:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

On the laptop's manufacturer website, they dont have drivers for that specified laptop for Windows XP x64 but I got a website where I usually search for drivers and they also dont have, so I sent them a driver request for the driver you want, now we'll wait for them to send me an e-mail that they have or dont have the driver.

#3 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

On the laptop's manufacturer website, they dont have drivers for that specified laptop for Windows XP x64 but I got a website where I usually search for drivers and they also dont have, so I sent them a driver request for the driver you want, now we'll wait for them to send me an e-mail that they have or dont have the driver.

Thank you :D

Lets hope it works

#4 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

Just got a reply from that web site i told you, Heres the message that one of the users sent me.

Get on their support/talk forum and see if anyone else has tried the same thing. If they have and have asked for help, it can be found using their search feature.

The PC Notebook Sound and Audio forum would be a good place to start.

Note: Notebooks normally cannot use generic drivers. Attempts to install generic drivers will fail during install.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users