Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dilbone56

dilbone56

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

I am working on a friends laptop (HP Pavillion zd8000 3.0GHz Pentium 4 w/ 2.0 GB Ram). I have tried everything I can think of, spybot, avg, malwarebytes, registry cleaners, and increased ram from 512 MB to 2 GB. The computer operates much faster, but the startup time is still excrutiating. From pressing the power button to welcome screen is 2 minutes and 10 seconds. It takes another 1 minute and 20 secondes to become functional. I cannot find anything in the startup that would cause this delay. I have completed DDS and RootRepeal on this computer per a prior request. I posted everything in the hijackthis forum on Friday morning, and have had 15 views and no replies. I am desperate to find out what other people may think is wrong, and what I might be able to do to fix this thing. If anybody at all can help I would greatly appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

The HijackThis forum is very busy at the moment and it can take several days before someone gets around to your log.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 dilbone56

dilbone56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

ok thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users