Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft AV Pro, b.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 BlackDiamond78

BlackDiamond78

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

I've been fighting this since last Thursday 8-20. I have made some headway, but all is not well. I have managed to fight the AV Pro down some (doesn't appear on Mozilla, but pops up on IE). Malwarebytes will NEVER complete a run. When this started, I was using McAfee, but my on-demand scanner got corrupted, I got frustrated, dumped McAfee and purchased AVG 8.5. Now AVG won't scan on demand, and my Identity Protection won't enable at all. I am in the process of backing things up
with Cobian 9. Plus, HijackThis will fire off, but doesn't appear to complete. The window disappears, though Task Manager shows the app running. I am getting redirects using Mozilla, not always, but often enough. Typed in websites in the address bar almost always never load, or get redirected. And Yahoo search is very slow, while google will work. I'm at the end of my patience here, so any help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackDiamond78

BlackDiamond78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

Just an interesting note here. It seems as though Malwarebytes IS in fact running, even though every indication is that it does not complete. There is NEVER any hint that the program has done what it is designed to do. I reinstalled MB and found this in the log file:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2551
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

8/22/2009 10:19:21 AM
mbam-log-2009-08-22 (10-19-21).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 138961
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 23 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 18

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\SYSTEM32\UACxmflotewbs.dll

(Rogue.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NordBull

(Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UAC

(Rootkit.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Monopod

(Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security

Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) ->

Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security

Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) ->

Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bennuar.old (Malware.Trace) ->

Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sonhelp.htm (Malware.Trace) ->

C:\WINDOWS\ppp4.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and

deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wispex.html (Malware.Trace) ->

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sysnet.dat (Malware.Trace) ->

C:\WINDOWS\ppp3.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and

deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bincd32.dat (Malware.Trace) ->

\\?\globalroot\systemroot\SYSTEM32\UACxmflotewbs.dll

(Rogue.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UACxmflotewbs.dll (Rogue.Agent)

-> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uacbbr.dll (Rogue.Agent) ->

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\onhelp.htm (Rogue.Trace) ->

C:\WINDOWS\msa.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and

deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UACftoivnkldl.dat (Trojan.Agent)

-> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uacinit.dll (Trojan.Agent) ->

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UACobpuupnkly.dll (Trojan.Agent)

-> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\UACqomujnbaor.sys

(Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{BB65B0FB-5712-401b-B616-E69AC55

E2757}.job (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted

successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{7B02EF0B-A410-4938-8480-9BA2642

0A627}.job (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted

successfully.

#3 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.

Please install RootRepeal

Go HERE, and download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop.
Tutorial with images ,if needed >> L@@K
Unzip that to your Desktop and then click RootRepeal.exe to open the scanner.

*Open the folder and double-click on RootRepeal.exe to launch it. If using Vista, right-click and Run as Administrator...
* Click on the FILES tab, then click the Scan button.
* In the Select Drives, dialog Please select drives to scan: select all drives showing, then click OK.
* When the scan has completed, a list of files will be generated in the RootRepeal window.
* Click on the Save Report button and save it as rootrepeal.txt to your desktop or the same location where you ran the tool from.
* Open rootrepeal.txt in Notepad and copy/paste its contents in your next reply.
* Exit RootRepeal and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.

Please note: If Rootrepeal fails to run, try this step: Click Settings - Options. Set the Disk Access slider to High

Note 2: If RootRepeal cannot complete a scan and results in a crash report, try repeating the scan in "Safe Mode".
Computer Pro

#4 BlackDiamond78

BlackDiamond78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

RootRepeal will not run anywhere. Double-click brings on the "initializing setup" window and in 12-15 seconds we blowout to the blue screen. Trying to run it in safe mode resulted in the same results, only when I got back to a (non-safe mode) desktop, I find that Windows has turned-off my Active Desktop, and I am unable to restore it. I appreciate the help, thanks.

#5 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

Ok, lets try Sophos:

Please download Sophos Anti-rootkit& save it to your desktop.
Note: If using the vendor's download site you will be asked to register with MySophos so an email containing an activation link can be sent to your email address.

Credits to DaChew
Be sure to print out and read the User Manualand Release Notes
Double-click sar_15_sfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.
Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.
A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now". Click Yes.
Make sure the following are checked:
o Running processes
o Windows Registry
o Local Hard Drives

Click Start scan.
Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.
When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.
Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.
o Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.
o Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.
o Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.
Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.
A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will finish when you restart your computer. Click Restart Now.
After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.
Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.
When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.log
This should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log in your next reply. If you have a problem, you can find sarscan.log in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\.
Before performing an ARK scan it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.
Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.
Clean out your temporary files.
Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
Computer Pro

#6 BlackDiamond78

BlackDiamond78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

OK, I'll give it a whirl. Now by ARK scan do you mean running this program? I mean should I discon from the Internet before I run Sophos? Sorry just trying to get all the steps right, and type with my fingers crossed.

#7 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

ARK is an Anti-Rootkit. And yes, disconnect from the internet.
Computer Pro

#8 BlackDiamond78

BlackDiamond78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:33 PM

OK, miracle of miracles, SAR did run. NO files were found that recommended cleanup. I did delete one file (an mp3) just for giggles but Sophos did not fire again after reboot. Here is the scan log:

Sophos Anti-Rootkit Version 1.5.0 © 2009 Sophos Plc
Started logging on 8/23/2009 at 21:04:59 PM
User "Mike" on computer "BLUEROOM"
Windows version 5.1 SP 3.0 Service Pack 3 build 2600 SM=0x300 PT=0x1 Win32
Info: Starting process scan.
Info: Starting registry scan.
Hidden: registry item \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\kbiwkmthomqhrs
Hidden: registry item \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\kbiwkmthomqhrs
Info: Starting disk scan of C: (NTFS).
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\kbiwkmiqradstbqh.tmp
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\wmiprvse.exe
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\rootrepeal.sys
Hidden: file C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\SET11.tmp
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\Mkeep\AC Repl\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD 2\15_Mozart - Piano Concerto No21 - Andante - Elvira Madigan.mp3
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\Mkeep\AC Repl\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD 2\01_Debussy - Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun.mp3
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\Mkeep\AC Repl\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD 1\02_Mozart - Eine Kleine Natchtmusik - Andante.mp3
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kbiwkmtuubaruk.dat
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\Mkeep\AC Repl\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD 1\04_Tchaikovsky - String quartet No1 - Andante.mp3
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\SET121.tmp
Hidden: file C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2242227130-1042475429-3005884957-1006\Dc137\HijackThis.exe
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\SET41.tmp
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eventlog.dll
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\is-A89V1.tmp\_isetup\_RegDLL.tmp
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\is-A89V1.tmp\_isetup\_shfoldr.dll
Hidden: file C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\kbiwkmqwoscdov.sys
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kbiwkmmtbbgrxl.dll
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kbiwkmulkdqxwk.dll
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kbiwkmllvvcebw.dat
Hidden: file C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgscanx.exe
Hidden: file C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\IdentityProtection\agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SXOVWN4B\images[1].
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OT2JQP0H\imgres[1].
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4DKLYFC1\imgres[1].
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6JYLAZOX\imgres[1].
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dumprep.exe
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\ie7\custsat.dll
Info: Starting disk scan of G: (FAT).
Hidden: file G:\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\ccsetup203.exe
Hidden: file G:\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\WinXp.exe
Hidden: file G:\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\spybotsd14.exe
Hidden: file G:\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\sdsetup.exe
Hidden: file G:\My Dox\Stuff\Eraser56Setup\EraserSetup.exe
Hidden: file G:\My Dox\Stuff\DivX502Bundle.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_zh-tw.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_zh-cn.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_nl.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_ko.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_ja.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_it.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_fr.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_es.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_en.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_de.exe
Info: Starting disk scan of H: (NTFS).
Stopped logging on 8/23/2009 at 21:53:33 PM

Sophos Anti-Rootkit Version 1.5.0 © 2009 Sophos Plc
Started logging on 8/23/2009 at 22:03:21 PM
User "Mike" on computer "BLUEROOM"
Windows version 5.1 SP 3.0 Service Pack 3 build 2600 SM=0x300 PT=0x1 Win32
Info: Starting process scan.
Info: Starting registry scan.
Hidden: registry item \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\kbiwkmthomqhrs
Hidden: registry item \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\kbiwkmthomqhrs
Info: Starting disk scan of C: (NTFS).
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\wmiprvse.exe
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\rootrepeal.sys
Hidden: file C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\SET11.tmp
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\Mkeep\AC Repl\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD 2\15_Mozart - Piano Concerto No21 - Andante - Elvira Madigan.mp3
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\Mkeep\AC Repl\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD 2\01_Debussy - Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun.mp3
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\Mkeep\AC Repl\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD 1\02_Mozart - Eine Kleine Natchtmusik - Andante.mp3
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\Mkeep\AC Repl\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe\The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the Universe CD 1\04_Tchaikovsky - String quartet No1 - Andante.mp3
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\SET121.tmp
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WBEM\SET41.tmp
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eventlog.dll
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\is-A89V1.tmp\_isetup\_RegDLL.tmp
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\is-A89V1.tmp\_isetup\_shfoldr.dll
Hidden: file C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
Hidden: file C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgscanx.exe
Hidden: file C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\IdentityProtection\agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SXOVWN4B\images[1].
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\OT2JQP0H\imgres[1].
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4DKLYFC1\imgres[1].
Hidden: file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6JYLAZOX\imgres[1].
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dumprep.exe
Info: Starting disk scan of G: (FAT).
Hidden: file G:\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\ccsetup203.exe
Hidden: file G:\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\WinXp.exe
Hidden: file G:\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\spybotsd14.exe
Hidden: file G:\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\sdsetup.exe
Hidden: file G:\My Dox\Stuff\DivX502Bundle.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_zh-tw.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_zh-cn.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_nl.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_ko.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_ja.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_it.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_fr.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_es.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_en.exe
Hidden: file G:\wd_windows_tools\Google\Desktop\GoogleDesktopSearchSetup_de.exe
Info: Starting disk scan of H: (NTFS).
Stopped logging on 8/23/2009 at 22:51:45 PM

#9 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

Please mark these for removal, and then reboot. Then run a Malwarebytes Quick scan and post back the log.
Computer Pro

#10 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

STOP

This is a rootkit infection, and should be dealt with by the HJT Team or a Staff Member only. Rootkit Removal

BlackDiamond78:

You will need help from the malware removal team. Please read the information about getting started. After you have followed the steps in that guide, I would like you to start a new thread HERE and include a link to this thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. The HJT team is very busy, so it could be several days before you receive a reply. But rest assured, help is on the way!

Edited by Blade Zephon, 25 August 2009 - 08:23 AM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

Please follow Blades advise and post an HJT log.
Let us know if alll went well or not.

Failure to follow the proper removal process can and will cause serious damage to a machine. Recovery of the machine may be difficult, if not impossible.

Edited by boopme, 25 August 2009 - 08:39 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#12 BlackDiamond78

BlackDiamond78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

Sorry, I guess I didn't realize I wasn't in the proper hands! I am presently trying to run DDS (it did load) but have been at the same window now for at least ten minutes with no change. May have something to do with the script-blocking issue. I am running (well maybe, who knows?) AVG 8.5 and I'm unsure how to turn off or disable the script-blocking. FYI trying to run RootRepeal has not been very successful either. Thanks for the help, and I will be more cautious. I will make the new post as soon as I have some finality with the DDS issue.

#13 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:01 PM

If you are unable to run DDS, try RSIT.
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
Don't post the logs here, post them in your new topic in lieu of the DDS logs.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#14 BlackDiamond78

BlackDiamond78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

RSIT says Autolt Error Line-1:

Error:Variable used without being declared

#15 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

I've reported the issue to random/random . . .in the meantime here's another alternative. Again, don't post the logs from this here.

We need to create an OTL Report
  • Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
~Blade

Edited by Blade Zephon, 25 August 2009 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users