Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows anti virus pro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heronb7

heronb7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Hi.

My computer has been infected by windows anti virus pro. I have also had various problems for quite some time now for example my computuer will not let me download or run certain programs like google chrome or limewire. When I originaly purchased the computuer 2 years ago it was fitted with windows vista, however with 2 weeks the mother board had faild. the company sent me a new 1 which i installed but the software that was sent put xp on to the computer. the sent me vista disks and said that I had to go through a tatoo process ?? but that was never done so im now running xp would like to wipe the thing and get vista back on it. I have tried to comply with the instructions and get a dds and rootrepeal done to put in this post but my pc wont let me run either of these programs or run malwarebytes anti malware programe when I double click them on the desk top nothing happens. I am totaly stuck any advice would be very very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Barry Heron :thumbsup: :trumpet: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_superbird_*

Guest_superbird_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Hi,

I am sorry for the delay in posting to you. We have a large community, with hundreds of topics being created every day.

Do you still need help with your problem?

- If not, please tell me also.

- If so, please tell me what problems you have exactly at the moment. Also, do this:

Rename the MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware exe-file to userinit.exe.
Start MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking on that userinit.exe.
Click the "Update tab", and update MBAM.
If you have problems with updating, you can download the updates manually here
After this, click the scanner tab, and do a full scan. Post the logfile in your next reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users