Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton NAV 2009 won't let all accounts connect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rico_suave

rico_suave

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

Ok. I have an XP machine with two admin accounts and 3 user accounts. I installed NAV 2009 a couple of months ago. Once installed, I started having internet connectivity issues. It seems that one of the admin users cannot connect to the internet unless the other one is connected first. For example, if admin user A tries to connect to the internet and can't, admin user A has to log off, sign in under admin user B, let the wireless network card connect to the router to get to the internet, then switch users (not log off admin user :thumbsup: then sign back on as admin user A so they can connect to the internet. Whats weirder is that the constant of admin user B having to be connected first is not always a constant. Sometimes admin user A has to be signed on before admin user B can connect and sometimes admin user B has be connected first before admin user A can get connected. And yet the user account works without neither admin account being logged on.

NAV, the people, not the software, keep telling me that the issue is not with NAV 2009, but with something else in the PC. If that's the case, then why does everything work as normal if I unistall the software.

Edited by rico_suave, 23 August 2009 - 09:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users