Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please I have braviax.exe & PC Antispyware 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 anon866

anon866

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:03 AM

hi, can anyone please help me or give me some advice on fixing the problem. I detected that I have braviax.exe and PC Antispyware 2010 (Running in tray) I manage to "stop" both from starting but traces of the virus/rootkit still exist in the system. I cannot run any AV programs (AVG,MBAM,AVAST), HiJackThis, etc... Also when I am using the internet or searching it brings me to another site. (workaround was copy the direct link into the browser)

thanks ahead of time.

Edited by anon866, 23 August 2009 - 08:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

Moved from HJT to a more appropriate forum. Tw

#3 anon866

anon866
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:18 AM

Thanks, for changing to correct forum.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

Please try this, I'll look back in the am,I'm in NJ.

Please download Sophos Anti-rootkit & save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
Note: If using the vendor's download site you will be asked to register with MySophos so an email containing an activation link can be sent to your email address.

Be sure to print out and read the Sophos Anti-Rookit User Manual and Release Notes.
  • Double-click sar_15_sfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.
  • Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.
  • A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now".
  • Click Yes and allow the driver and its randomly named .tmp file (i.e. F.tmp) to load if asked.
  • If the scan did not start automatically, make sure the following are checked:
    • Running processes
    • Windows Registry
    • Local Hard Drives
  • Click Start scan.
  • Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.
  • When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.
  • Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.
    • Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.
    • Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.
    • Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.
  • Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.
  • A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will finish when you restart your computer. Click Restart Now.
  • After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.
  • Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.
  • When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.log
  • This should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log in your next reply. If you have a problem, you can find sarscan.log in C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\.
Before performing an ARK scan it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.
  • Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.
  • Clean out your temporary files.
  • Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
  • Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
  • After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
  • When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 anon866

anon866
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

[quote]

Sophos Anti-Rootkit Version 1.5.0  (c) 2009 Sophos Plc

Started logging on 8/24/2009 at 1:17:30 AM

User "ieex" on computer "EEX-FBR65BG7HP"

Windows version 5.1 SP 3.0 Service Pack 3 build 2600 SM=0x300 PT=0x1 Win32

Info:	Starting process scan.

Info:	Starting registry scan.

Info:	Starting disk scan of C: (NTFS).

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\attrib.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\findstr.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\route.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\ping.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventlog.dll

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\msa.exe

Hidden:	file C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sptd.sys

Hidden:	file C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

Hidden:	file C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijdackThis\HijackThis.exe

Hidden:	file C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\ieex.exe

Info:	Starting disk scan of D: (FAT).

Stopped logging on 8/24/2009 at 1:26:33 AM

Sophos Anti-Rootkit Version 1.5.0  (c) 2009 Sophos Plc

Started logging on 8/24/2009 at 10:48:04 AM

User "ieex" on computer "EEX-FBR65BG7HP"

Windows version 5.1 SP 3.0 Service Pack 3 build 2600 SM=0x300 PT=0x1 Win32

Info:	Starting process scan.

Info:	Starting registry scan.

Info:	Starting disk scan of C: (NTFS).

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\attrib.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\findstr.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\route.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\ping.exe

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventlog.dll

Hidden:	file C:\WINDOWS\msa.exe

Hidden:	file C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Info:	Starting disk scan of D: (FAT).

Stopped logging on 8/24/2009 at 10:57:30 AM

[/quote]

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

Please rerun Sophos and kill this
Hidden: file C:\WINDOWS\msa.exe

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

NOTE: Before saving MBAM please rename it to zztoy.exe....now save it to your desktop.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

alternate download link 2

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 anon866

anon866
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:09 AM

hi, thanks for the tip above but I am getting these errors. The following errors and
problems been happening since it started.

An error occured. Please report the following error code to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware support team.

Error Code: 732 (0,0)

About 5 seconds into the scanning with Malwarebytes the programs cancel outs (Close itself). I also this MBAM procedure on uninstall/re-install the application with same results.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...amp;#entry32144

If I start the program again is say, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropiate permissions to access the item.

Edited by anon866, 25 August 2009 - 03:11 AM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Ok try this and then reinstall and run MBAM.
How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;308421

#9 anon866

anon866
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

hi, I took ownership of the file but the same thing happened. After 5 seconds of the scanning MBAM close itself and I don't have permission for the file and cannot start/run MBAM again.

Edited by anon866, 25 August 2009 - 06:17 PM.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

Hello, something is buried deep and we need stronger tools.
You will need to run HJT/DDS.
Please follow this guide. Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.

#11 anon866

anon866
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:45 PM

hi, after following the preparation guide running DDS.scr (it cannot find findstr.exe file and doesn't scan) Rootrepeal closes itself after few seconds while scanning and so as HJThis. Any other ideas?

Edited by anon866, 26 August 2009 - 02:28 AM.

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download RSIT by random/random and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
  • If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
  • Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
  • Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Save the log file to your desktop and copy/paste the contents into a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.

#13 anon866

anon866
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

hi, I actually manually delete some files in the temp folder and now I can run HJThis/MBAM.

HJThis Log:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252735/i-have-braviaxexe-pc-antispyware-2010/

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hey, Good job!!
Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users