Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help I think I have a virus!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DamnPCs

DamnPCs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

Hi All,

My PC has been performing poorly and I cannot even start it in normal mode.

I have downloaded a few programs and even tried reinstalling windows but nothing has helped.

I have ATF Cleaner and CCleaner and tried to run combobox but was told it was "Comprimised"

Can someone please assist?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hi All,

My PC has been performing poorly and I cannot even start it in normal mode.

I have downloaded a few programs and even tried reinstalling windows but nothing has helped.

I have ATF Cleaner and CCleaner and tried to run combobox but was told it was "Comprimised"

Can someone please assist?

Registry cleaners like the ones you described above sometimes can do more harm than good IMHO...By trying to use "combobox" is this a misprint of "combofix"? If you are trying to use combofix unsupervised (without expert advise from someone specifically trained in it's use) you can render your computer into something that resembles a very expensive door stop.

I would open up a new topic here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

You can recieve more expert advice there.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 DamnPCs

DamnPCs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

Correct Combofix - however, I am aware of the damage you can cause if you dont know what your doing.

Hence why i havent used it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users