Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

98se- explorer.exe caused invalid page fault

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nettblly

nettblly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:57 AM

I tried reading up on the microsoft published solutions to the invalid page fault problems with explorer exe to no avail. I don't have the original OS cd so I can't reinstall. I tried various extract commands from the startup floppy but replacing explorer exe. doesn't help (I have the update cd-98 t0 98se). I've been thinking about going to linux. I have some red hat 7.1 and suse 6.4 cds. Any suggestions? It happened shortly after uninstalling AOL and downloading an IE update.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,660 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:27 PM

Do you know the exact error?

#3 TedOb1

TedOb1

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:35 AM

try running the System File Checker.

put the cd you have in the drawer then open the RUN box and enter SFC. click on 'scan'. SFC will then check your system files and replace any it thinks are currupted

#4 The Bear

The Bear

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:23 AM

When you removed AOL how did you do it ?
Computer help forums are full of those that go around the internet
clicking Willy Nilly and installing or downloading everything in site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users