Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer has mind of its own.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pugachev

pugachev

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

My computer opens windows at random. It prints random letters - usually f, a d and w.Dozens of them) tries to delete files. And all the time the damn bells are going "boing, boing, boing!"...If I am trying to play games such as COD4 the character runs around shooting at random. Same in World of warcraft, except the character runs in circles. In Company of Heroes the right mouse button will not work (Microsoft Sidewinder mouse). Basically it's unusable which is why I'm doing this on a laptop

I have scanned the machine with The Shield deluxe, Avast, iolo System mechanic 9, PC Pitstop and some others. They say the system is clean.
Today, I repaired Windows, but it's still the same.

Before I blow it up, or at least wipe or throw out the hard drive and start over, has anyone any ideas? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The computer is a local geek built MSI motherboard, running intel dual processors @ 2.66 Ghz. each. - 4Ghz of RAM - Nvidia Gforce 8800GT graphics. 160Hhz Hard Drive and an external 500Ghz Hard drive. The monior is LG 2261 lcd flat panel 2ms response time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Complete shot in the dark: could it be the keyboard? Do you have a spare one you can test?

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Adding to what Amazing Andrew has already said : if you have a wireless keyboard try another keyboard with cable. Most of the times wireless mouse and keyboard have these problems.

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

sounds more like melware or some thing

do not get rid of the hard drive
just format and reinstall if you cant find no fix

#5 Bambo

Bambo

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

You mean PC Security Shield? ;) http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pcsecurityshield.com or The Shield Deluxe 2009. I dont know, should not be a sheep but this does not look that cool.

Unless it is has unknown abilities I also think keyb, - just love to hate bad security software :thumbsup: Can see it is made by same company who do the equally crappy StopZilla.

Edited by Bambo, 22 August 2009 - 10:29 PM.

#6 pugachev

pugachev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:40 AM

Thanks to everyone who replied. The keyboard is a new logitech connected by wire that I installed after the problems started. I have updated the software for it. Still, just to see, I hooked up an old one and it made no difference.
Thanks to Bambo for pointing out that I just bought a lousy antivirus program (pcsecurityshield). Luckily I have some much better rated ones.
The machine is still out of control, but occasionally seems to improve slightly. (I'm actually doing this post on it, which was impossible yesterday).
Now,I'm going to run all the scans again and then step through the startup and after that if it isn't fixed I'm going to wipe the drive and reload.
I'm happy to have found this website though, and I've been getting an education along the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users