Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up Programs to remove

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vivjay67

vivjay67

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

I'm trying to stop some of my start up programs and am using the Startup list here as a guide.

As a rule of thumb - if a program is not on the startup list does that tend to mean that the program is no good and I can remove it?

A couple of the examples are

application/octet-stream Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll

application/x-complus Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll

application/x-msdownload Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mscoree.dll

deflate OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

gzip OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll

text/xml Microsoft Office XML MIME Filter Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\office11\msoxmlmf.dll

Although they say Microsoft in them which i was told to leave alone, they are not listed here so I'm not sure what they really are.

I've been having issues with my laptop for ages now, it keeps freezing and not responding to anything so i thought i'd try cleaning this up to see if it helps.

Many Thanks in advance for all help

Edited by vivjay67, 22 August 2009 - 05:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

I've been having issues with my laptop for ages now, it keeps freezing and not responding to anything so i thought i'd try cleaning this up to see if it helps.

You may find posting your issues in this thread safer than doing it yourself vivjay67.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:08 PM

Our list is not complete and there are always new additions
mscoree.dll
urlmon.dll
msoxmlmf.dll
Are all necessary Microsoft files
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users