Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Confused hello from a baffled vaio owner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 confusedwithvaio

confusedwithvaio

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

I got my vaio laptop vgn-n11m for christmas in 2006

When I first got it I realised that it was going to have to be preeeetty strong to put up with me and my utter uselessness with computers so it's called Verity

First I had McAfee which was great and worked extremly well so no problems there.

But to get my laptop registered with school the techie at school has to upload a different virus system as well as loads of other stuff that just slows down your computer, I am stuck with some very old looking virus hunter called "eTrust" yeah I haven't heard of it either!

So then I keep getting viruses which give my computer these symptoms

- What I call hot flushes (It over heats, freezes to no avail and I have to switch off and on again) about once an hour
-Internet Explorer tells me I cannot connect to the internet even when my wireless is connected with excellent signal
-Mozilla Firefox is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow even when I have excellent wireless connection
-Everything takes ages to load- EVEN SPIDER SOLITAIRE!!

so then I get this really really really horrible virus which doesn't let me use any of the programs on my computer cause it says there is a threat from viruses, so I decide I will get a new computer and start saving... A month later I tun my old laptop on and pray for a miracle and the virus has seemingly disappeared! HURRAH!!! but It still has all the old symptoms from above so I decided to join somewhere where even if I cannot be helped, people will sympathise with my problem :thumbsup:

Ok so I shouldn't have written alllll that much but still I hope you know that I am very happy to have found this site and hopefully many wonderfull computer whizzes who understand all these things better :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

Hello confusedwithvaio, and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer!

I would suggest that you post a new topic in the Am I Infected forum so that you can get help from there.

It can be located here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Computer Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users