Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Home Premium crashing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Melon109

Melon109

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

Every time I try to log in when my PC is booted normally, I get the the blue screen, where it begins to "dump physical memory." So I boot it in safe mode and try to run the System Restore program, thinking that a recently installed program was the cause for the crash. When the system restore program is run, it logs logs off, saying that windows is shutting down. Then for a split second it says that it is restoring the system, but then goes right back to shutting down. The computer then restarts in normal mode, and returns to the blue screen upon logging in. I looked at Mcaffe while in safe mode and saw that all of the features were disabled. I tried to turn them back on, but it failed, due to an error.

Running the scan while in safe mode came up fruitless, and trying to restore it from different restore points does not work.

(Also when the blue screen comes up it says to make sure that I had enough disk space. I presume that 33gigs of free space is sufficient, and there for not the cause for the problem)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC! ARRGGG!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

Is the hard drive making any strange noises? Can you boot to a command prompt at all?

#3 Melon109

Melon109
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

No, the hard drive is not making any strange noises, and I can get to the command prompt while in safe mode.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

try this:
http://www.windows-help-central.com/window...sta-chkdsk.html

#5 Melon109

Melon109
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

Okay problem got fixed a while ago, just forgot to update my topic.

I accidentally stumbled upon a system restore while in the BIOS, and after letting it run for a good hour, my computer returned back to normal.

Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users