Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maximizing and Minimizing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jayfo24

Jayfo24

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

Here is my computer specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate
Service Pack 2
Memory 8.00GB
64-bit OS
Intel® Core2 Quad core CPU @ 3.00GHz
Running SLI 2 9800 GTX +
power supply 850W

Up until about a month ago I have had no problems with this system. Vista ran flawless. But as of late I have found when I am moving in and out of application more over games, it takes the system forever to which from the game to the desktop, and back into the game. The system seems to hang when changing. I understand that higher end games will take a bit longer then most, but to hang for minutes is a little unusually and this is a new problem that has just came up. Could this is a GPU problem? At any rate any help from anyone who has seen this problem would be great. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

Your system is beefy enough. When you run the task manager, do you have enough free resources? Any chance that the system has been compromised by malware?

#3 Bambo

Bambo

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:21 PM

I would guess display problems, try test with dif. refresh rate, resolution - may be even let game start up in XP compatibility mode. Turn Vista effects on/off. Trial and error. Running dxdiag.exe give no errors? You have Rivatuner or other tweaker? Latest Nvidia drivers? May be try a total uninstall/reinstall of Nvidia stuff. Not the worlds most stable drivers. In Window mode there are no problems with alt-tab right? This happens with both opengl and directx games?

Site is down for me right now but this forum http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/index.php is full of Nvidia freaks. Try search it for "alt-tab". Have seen it mentioned before, like years ago when I played games ;) I remember a tool called powerpro which made a certain game crash to desktop - for some strange reason. What you have running might be problem but only suggesting to check. Have no idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users