Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cool runnings

cool runnings

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

I've had the "WGA Installation" Wizard at startup for several months but have not installed it because i've heard some negative things about it, and at my work, our work computers were getting the same notification, and our computer guy said "DO NOT INSTALL", and told us to just "X" it out.
So i'm wondering what i can do about this annoying WGA Notice that pops upon startup everytime on my computer.
Pros? Cons? Need more info from me?
'02 XP Pro, SP3, on a Dell Desktop.
Please advise if anyone can help me decide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daela

Daela

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hello Cool runnings I can help here as I was having the same problem, I did not install it for many days, then I was told to let it install, so I started to do so, I clicked on it to start then it brought up the read me info and I had to agree or not I clicked I do not agree after reading the info and once I clicked that it closed and the last 2 days there has been no sign of it so hope that fixed it.
good luck with it. :thumbsup:

#3 l33tissw00t

l33tissw00t

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

This guy was at the BlackHat 2009.. great stuff. Anyway, check this out: http://web17.webbpro.de/index.php?page=antiwpa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users