Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copy C drive to dvd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:40 PM

Using windows media player can I copy my complete C drive to a dvd. Is it legal? Could it help with a computer failure? :thumbsup:

Edited by Layback Bear, 22 August 2009 - 12:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

No. The OS can not copy parts of it self while the OS is in use.

Third party software is required to do what you want done. It is known as creating an image.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

I do not know how can you use Windows Media Player to backup your system. Thats first time I ever heard of it.

You can use something like CloneZilla ( http://www.clonezilla.org/ ) or Macrium Reflect( http://www.macrium.com/ReflectFree.asp ) for backing up your hard disk as an image.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for getting back. Well some times I start thinking too much. Just a idea. Some thing like right clicking on C drive and copy drops down. Click on it and burn to dvd using windows media player. I now know it's not going to happen. Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users