Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making a Change to XP

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Poppy##

Poppy##

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

I am trying to find out how I can change windows to sort of tweak an application that I use. I need to setup a series of "hot keys" or something like that to move from field to field on a repititious series of entries into a form.
The form is accessed with IE but I have been told that this is something that has to be changed in my OS. I am at this point pretty lost as to where I start to find this info.
Any help or suggestions will be explored and tried.
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

Hi Poppy##, if you please can explain in more detail, then we could help you :thumbsup:

Delta

#3 Poppy##

Poppy##
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the reply
My wife does data entry from home. The system she connects to uses IE to display different forms and she then has to move thru the form(s) to enter the data. Currently the way she has to do it is by moving the mouse, click the field, move the mouse to the next field. She could do this with the Tab key, but it would be many tabs in most cases to for one entry and then enter another field and so on until the entries are complete and she can submit the form to the system.
I am trying to help her speed up the process by pre-assigning the fields some way to eliminate some of the jumping around with the mouse.
I know it sounds confusing, but it really isn't once you do it. Just too much monkeying with the mouse for just one entry and then moving around the form to add other data. (probably just made it more confusing)
Poppy

#4 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:22 AM

I would rather use the Tab key in exchange of the mouse, but pre-assigning the fields, I dont think that is possible (at least in my experience)

If anybody else will know how to do it, they will tell you or try to help you.

Sorry, hope someone else will help you :thumbsup:

#5 Poppy##

Poppy##
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Thanks

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

I had my wife look at this. She's been doing this for years.
She say you cannot do it and if you try to use an after-market short cut key program it won't work either
The problem won't show on your computer , but at the servers'
The info won't be copied correctly
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 Poppy##

Poppy##
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Garmanma, but all I can say is Nutz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users