Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

compaq presario

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 doctorphibes

doctorphibes

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

gives black screen with function options like sart up messages, recovery, repair, net BIOS, boot order, etc. None of which work. Compaq presario CQ60 on the bottom there' a small rectangular panel next to the battery that contains the wi-fi card I presume. It has 2 wires with connectors when I opened it one was off. I don't know if it was supposed to be or not.
Power will not turn off unless I remove battery and unplug the laptop. I'm stumped. It was lightly dropped I don't think the hard drive is damaged. I have a USB 2.0 SATA/IDE Combo drive adapter. when I hooked it to my desk top it started to act like it was downloading files or configuring itself to my desktop. It won't let me explore. It won't let me reinstall vista. Someone please help :thumbsup:
I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. Albert Einstein

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

It sounds like it's the hard drive failing. The laptop seems to be running fine, it just doesn't do anything at that screen because it would normally boot off the hard drive.

If the hard drive doesn't work properly when connected to a different computer, I would have to say it's dying/dead.

Can you be a bit more specific about what happens when you try connecting it to your desktop? If you're in windows and try to explore the drive, does it say it's not responding?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users