Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove all Norton products

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kullaroo

kullaroo

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:35 AM

I am trying to help a friend remove all the Norton products from her computer. Her system is a Pentium 4, 1.50GHz with just 512Mb of memory of which 384Mb is available (the rest is shared for video). I read the post "How to remove Notron products" but it was dated 2006. In other posts I read that the SymNRT.exe tool was obsolete.

I am wondering if these steps are still current or not?

In other posts I found a link to Symantec's ftp site for removal tools and have downloaded the following:
Norton_Removal_Tool.exe dated 20090528
Norton_Removal_Tool_9x.exe dated 20080211
Norton_Removal_Tool_old.exe dated 20090213
SymADataWeb.zip dated 20071113
SymNRT.exe
SymRegFixTool.exe

I would greatly appreciate your advice on which of these should be used and any modifications to the steps given in the original post on how to remove Norton products.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bartster

Bartster

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

Norton Removal Tool: http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039

Choose the version of Norton you have and follow instructions.
After it finishes, run the tool again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users