Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

READ THIS

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 ksky10081

ksky10081

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

...And if that CD player did not play the latest audio technology - but all else was recognized...?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:10 AM

If the C.D.player was advertised as playing the latest technology but did not then you would be in a situation of being misled or lied to.But I think most folks would still go back to the person or vendor that sold it them.I bought a Russel Hobbs kettle years ago and before the guarantee ran out the bi-metal spring that turns it of went.I took it back to the seller to fix which he did under Russel Hobbs guarantee.I presume Russel Hobbs paid him for this.I did not write of or complain to the maker of the bi-metal spring.I reiterate that the manufacturer should endorse that a product is either returned to them by the seller or repaired by the seller and the seller reimbursed by the manufacturer.With most other products that are guaranteed you take it back to the shop you bought it from if it breaks down.You do not go chasing manufacturers.Why a opt out for computers?Say a computer has Nvidia Graphics installed from new.And the graphics or display are not working correctly.Being as the manufacturer,H.P,Dell,Sony ect chose what graphics it wants on its computer it should be up to them,the manufacturer to put the problem right has the product is a package.The buyer should not have to go chasing Nvidia to sort it out.I am not trying to say the seller should take the manufacturers responsibility but the manufacturer should treat its retailers as agents and empower them to sort out problems.

Edited by cod head, 26 August 2009 - 03:49 AM.

#18 rikki

rikki

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I downloaded AVG for free. It seems to be doing a good job. I'd heard a lot of good things about them. I had been dealing with TrendMicro but they pissed me off. They used to sell their licence for $24.00 for 2 years, then it became $45 for two years. Now they want to charge me that for 1 year. The two year licence costs $72.00. So I got mad and uploaded AVG instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users