Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sails

sails

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:28 AM

Hi Guys,
this is my first post to the site, and I will attempt to make it understandable. :thumbsup:

I have a Dell laptop belonging to my sister in law which is unable to connect to any site on the web to do with virus protection. It can connect to normal web sites, no problem.

Using Google, I found the post below:-

"rojandowloader.xs removed - cannot access antivirus websites or updat."

dated 25 May 2008 and it seems to mirror my problems, but I am unable to use the tools that are mentioned in the post by Essexboy. ie OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer. and OTScanit. etc

I have run various antivirus programs on the laptop such as Avast, autorun virus remover, hijackthis, regcure, and Xoftspyse and I have removed a pile of junk, but I still cant connect to windows or any of the anti virus websites. :trumpet:

THere are 10 lines on Hijackthis currently, to do with Avast, Ebay, CAnon CAmera access, Google update etc, but I cant figure how to grab a picture of it to put into this post.

Is there anyone that can give me a hand to resolve this issue, as I would like to fix it more than doing a reformat and new download of the operating system. :flowers:

Many thanks

Sails

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:43 AM

Hi sails, welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Please read this topic which explains how to create log files and upload them in our specialized Log Analysis and Malware Removal forum.

Good luck!

Edit:

I see you're already there!

Posted Image

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 22 August 2009 - 04:47 AM.

#3 sails

sails
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:47 AM

Hi Amazing Andrew,

thanks for the info; I will go through it and move this to the other forum.

fools rush in etc etc
cheers
Sails

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users