Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding more memory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 azyardies

azyardies

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:09 AM

I have a 7 year old Dell desktop pc running windows Home edition OEM sp2 and Windows IE7

Currently, there is 40GB hard drive and 256 ram. Certainly nothing to jump about with pc's nowadays. But, its still the one I use for my things. I want to buy inexpensive ram like maybe just another 256mb, but I know nothing about brands and types.

Do I just find out what my desktop currently has (brand and specs) and get only that type.
Or are they pretty generic? How do I find out what my pc has? Is the info in the device manager? Is there a program that can tell me whats in my pc by doing a scan?
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:21 AM

I prefer the scanning utility at crucial.com . Sometimes people have issues with the scanner though. If so, you can fill out the make and model of your computer yourself.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users