Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

some Kaspersky 2009 components are disabled

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 meshuggah

meshuggah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

hi everyone, I am having a problem with Kaspersky 2009.

i apologize for my bad English in advance.

this morning it alerted me that some components are corrupted and offered a way to fix it since then it acts as if my laptop is all safe, but components like "files and memory" and "web traffic" are disabled (ticks indicating that the components are enabled/disabled are gray color as opposed to "Email and IM" component that has green tick in front of it which means it is enabled...also if you right click on those disabled components it offeres to enable them, but nothing happens if i click on "enable". altho if you go to "settings" it shows everyhting as enabled.

i am confused. please help. prior to this Kaspersky had problems with "black keys corrupted" twice.

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meshuggah

meshuggah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

while at it i also wanted to mention that when i close Mozilla i clear up cookies, history etc...but this morning i noticed the "search history" , "download history" and "passwords" fields are blocked and cant be cleared up. also Kaspersky 2009 always reports that there is keylogger activity going on, but isnt it supposed to remove the keylogger instead of reporting its activity constantly? i tried to download other popular free anti mal/spyware programs, but they either cant be installed properly because of Kaspersky 2009 or just simply wont find anything.

thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users