Everything is fixed and is working great! These were simple fixes....just finding the info to fix took forever to find, understand, and apply. Maybe these solutions will help someone else with the same problem(s).
I do want to say that I am not claiming to be an expert nor ensuring that this will work for everyone (this is the way I found my solution and am just sharing). How to copy / paste desired music files is information i received from someone in a forum (I don't want to take credit lol)How I fixed "%APPDATA% error when trying to download iTunes on Vista"
When received error:
I received this error when I plugged in the iPod to comp for 1st time....before I tried to download iTunes. What this error means:
Usually means that the "safely remove hardware" is corrupt). Solution:
I used a different user account (an existing one. DO NOT create a new one and copy files from corrupt file to the new one because it copies / pastes corrupt file) and downloaded iTunes without a problem. How I fixed "How to make an used i-pod to work on a new comp"
After iTunes is downloaded, plug iPod in comp. Error received:
Something to the extent of "iPod already synced with another library". Solution:
I selected "Delete and sync" (you can also choose "restore"). This erased all existing songs on iPod. Add new songs:
I copied desired music files from desired user account on my comp into the iTunes library and then added to iPod.
After this was complete, I obtained new music and synced with iPod.How to copy desired music files from a user account and paste into iTunes library?
- Log on a user other than user copying files from and other than user that has iTunes.
- Open Documents by clicking the Start button then clicking documents
- Click the Tools menu (if you don't see Tools, press ALT)
- Locate the C://Users/Username folder (you want to copy files from)
- Select the file in this folder
- Click the Edit menu, then click Copy (if you don't see edit menu press ALT)
- Locate the C://Username folder (where iTunes is downloaded)
- Click the Edit menu, then click Paste
- Log off then back on as the User where iTunes is downloaded and start at steps at top of this post
Edited by amyl, 26 August 2009 - 10:22 PM.