Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE/Firefox Crash and other Crash

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 (GroundZero)

(GroundZero)

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Well, i just recently got this computer to work but have been having many problems
One specific annoying one: Flash Player is causing my internet browsers to crash after a running for a bit.
Ive scanned for viruses on several virus scanners, and my ComboFix log is attached here.
Ive solved a few problems, and working on several possible fixes right now. If anyone could help me out here, that would be great.

Thanks!
--(GroundZero)

[edit] Fixed the graphics problem

Edited by (GroundZero), 21 August 2009 - 07:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Eradicator de malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:59 AM

Hello and welcome to BC forums.

The Combofix log is not attached. In any event, I do not need it here. More important, you need to be very aware that running Combofix on your own is risky. You need expert guided help. Stop using it on your own.

Also see this MS article for help
Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro

What is your Internet Explorer version: IE 6, 7 or 8 ?
Did you recently attempt a Flash Player update?

From personal past experience, to get around a stubborn Flash Player issue, I had to use System Restore to go backwards to an earlier SR snaphot and then recheck and if Flash Player was still listed in Add-or-Remove programs, I de-installed it.
~Maurice Naggar
MS-MVP (Oct 2002 - Sept 2010)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users