Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems logging into the net with Mozilla Firefox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nickm2

nickm2

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

Guys:

I recently started having problems getting onto the net using Mozilla Firefox as my preferred browser.
First let me say I have WinXp 64 bit;

I recently changed my OS & was trying to reregister my copy of StopZilla anti-spyware; I was having problems doing it 'the normal way' so the gang at Stopzilla suggested I try to register it in 'safe mode with networking';
Well that didn't work EITHER and in addition I cannot get onto the net using Firefox; I keep getting the following error message:

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at search.avg.com.

Now, I tried getting info at Mozilla but respondent suggested I go here instead as it MIGHT be a problem with my PC settings.

Let it be said that I CAN get on the net wtih IE (64 bit)

Thanks ahead of time.

NM

Edited by nickm2, 21 August 2009 - 04:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Multi-Destiny

Multi-Destiny

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:04 AM

One word: REINSTALL. Try that, and holler back with the results, okay?
SPECS:
Model: Compaq Presario SR1732IL x86-based
CPU: 256 MB RAM Pentium 4
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card

#3 nickm2

nickm2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:14 AM

One word: REINSTALL. Try that, and holler back with the results, okay?

Tried it several times. No Joy. I am assuming that starting up in 'safe mode with networking' might have deactivated SOMETHING but I don't know what.

NM

#4 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:07 AM

When you uninstalled and reinstalled firefox did you keep your old profile or uninstall it? If you kept the original profile, it may be corrupted. Have you tried creating a new profile? See Managing profiles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users