Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

URL Shadowing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ljs.01701

ljs.01701

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

I am running Trend Micro Internet Security v16.6 for Dell on a Dell Inspiron E1505 with Windows XP SP3. When I recently accessed a password protected web site, the site manager notified me that there were attempts to access the web site from unknown internet users immediately following my access to the site. The web site manager tracked the IP addresses of the unknown users to Trend Micro systems located in Japan as well as the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre site located in Australia.

I scanned my system for virus, etc using both Trend Micro and Avast. Neither scan turned up any problems.

I reported the issue to Trend Micro and received a response that this was expected behavior as they track web sites accessed by users to check for malware.
Since I never heard of this before, I wonder if this is normal behavior for Trend Micro Internet Security or if I have a malware problem.

Do I need to take additional steps to clean my system?

Thanks for your feedback and suggested courses of action.

EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum

Edited by garmanma, 23 August 2009 - 08:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users