Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VISTA Problem HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rollbar

Rollbar

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:03 PM

System restore did not complete successfully. Your system files and settings were not changed.
Details:
Unspecified error occurred during system restore

OK, Not sure what is going on here but here is the story.

I have Super Ad-Blocker, Super Anti-Spyware, Malware, & Advanced Uninstaller along w/Norton running on my Vista.

I signed up for G-mail yesterday since I needed an account that I could wipe out easy. After that I go on the PC this morning and I can not right click on to RUN as ADMINISTRATOR these products. ---> S-Anti-Spyware, Advanced uninstaller & Malware. Super ad blocker I can right click and open the rest can open by a click EXCEPT for S-Anti-Spyware (can't open at all). I can run the others except for S-Anti Spyware but can not run as administrator the blue circle just spins.

I can highlight the Http address and highlight/copy....

The words in this post I can high light but can't do anything, can't copy or nothing.

I can right click on some things but not all, not sure what is going on here.

THINKING it was because I did not update to windows 8 (reason, Super ad-blocker said it wasn't compatible yet), I went ahead and updated with NO results.

After the update it (VISTA) said it needed to down load Service pack 2 which I did and still the same problem.

I use the right click/copy/paste very much for certain IP address on various forums & need this function.

ALSO, after SERVICE pack 2 down loaded and the computer updated, I saw something to the effect of Window 7. WHAT does that mean cause I have IE8 down loaded.

SORRY for the long post but this is the only way I can explain it.

Jim

Sorry for the ignorance guys but I'm at a loss here.

Edited by Rollbar, 21 August 2009 - 01:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rollbar

Rollbar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Also when I right clicked on the tool bar (on the left side) for the program to run as admin the bluce circle kept spinning and it said after a while that windows had restart or waiting on the program due to no response. When this happened the Super Anti SpyWare on the right side of the tool bar disappeared.

Something is wrong here.

#3 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

System restore did not complete successfully. Your system files and settings were not changed.
Details:
Unspecified error occurred during system restore

OK, Not sure what is going on here but here is the story.

I have Super Ad-Blocker, Super Anti-Spyware, Malware, & Advanced Uninstaller along w/Norton running on my Vista.

I signed up for G-mail yesterday since I needed an account that I could wipe out easy. After that I go on the PC this morning and I can not right click on to RUN as ADMINISTRATOR these products. ---> S-Anti-Spyware, Advanced uninstaller & Malware. Super ad blocker I can right click and open the rest can open by a click EXCEPT for S-Anti-Spyware (can't open at all). I can run the others except for S-Anti Spyware but can not run as administrator the blue circle just spins.

I can highlight the Http address and highlight/copy....

The words in this post I can high light but can't do anything, can't copy or nothing.

I can right click on some things but not all, not sure what is going on here.

THINKING it was because I did not update to windows 8 (reason, Super ad-blocker said it wasn't compatible yet), I went ahead and updated with NO results.

After the update it (VISTA) said it needed to down load Service pack 2 which I did and still the same problem.

I use the right click/copy/paste very much for certain IP address on various forums & need this function.

ALSO, after SERVICE pack 2 down loaded and the computer updated, I saw something to the effect of Window 7. WHAT does that mean cause I have IE8 down loaded.

SORRY for the long post but this is the only way I can explain it.

Jim

Sorry for the ignorance guys but I'm at a loss here.

Hi Jim,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

There are a few issues I see in your posting that can be causing the problems you are having. First, you mention that you have Norton. but you do not say which Norton product or version you are using. Please let me know. Even if you are using Norton AntiVirus, and not Norton Internet Security or Norton 360, all of the 2009 products contain protection from virus and spyware infections, as well as a host of other real-time protection you should never have more than one real-time internet security application installed at the same time, as you will experience software conflicts, which can lead to infections. I would first strongly recommend that you remove Superantispyware and any other third-party security applications to eliminate any software conflicts.

Windows 7 is the newest release of Windows which is not on sale yet, so I think you are getting confused. Microsoft did however release Internet Explorer 8 recently, and for compatibility with Norton products you must be running the latest version of your Norton product. Please manually run LiveUpdate from within your Norton product to ensure you have the latest updates applied. If you are using a pre-2009 product and have a valid subscription, you are entitled to a free update to the latest version for the life of your subscription. Please let me know what product and version you are currently using and, if needed, I can provide you with the steps needed to update.

Thank you,
Mike

Edited by Michael York, 21 August 2009 - 05:50 PM.

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

Windows 7 is the newest release of Windows

Actually, up until yesterday the release candidate was available to everybody; those with MSDN and TechNet accounts have had the release candidate since August 7th. :huh: Regardless "I saw something to the effect of Window 7" is pretty vague information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users