Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

at my wit's end Help me fix this log please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 cattalk

cattalk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:45 PM

Hi,
The second time I went online with my brand new laptop, I was hit with bunch of viruses and worms. :flowers:

One annoying virus pops up three windows every twenty minutes when I go online. One of the windows has YEAKUKZ in the title heading. I couldn't get rid it by deleting the cache or temp folder. Every time these three windows popped up, it created several files in my My Documents folder. One of these files was named "Hidden 32." I have tried to delete all of these files but they always came back.

I read some advice online and downloaded both Spybot and Adaware. I also ran HouseCall from Trendmicro (was that the name of the site?) These programs did manage to locate some viruses, but not the annoying YEAKUKZ application. Instead I now realize my computer is also infected by a "spybot.worm" and a "w32.korgo.v" HouseCall couldn't delete or clean these files. The more disturbing thing is Norton Antivirus doesn't even recognize the second worm! It detected the first worm but couldn't delete or quanrantee it!
I downloaded a software called "Fix Korgo". The name sounds SO right. But after scanning my computer, it found no Korgo virus whatsoever! One of these softwares is lying to me! :thumbsup:

According to some advice I read online, I have tried to disable the system restore, ran the OS in safe Mode, ran Norton again. It had found no virus on my laptop. But they surely are still here!!!!

Oh boy I had talked too much. This is my last straw for help. Here is my Hijack Log. I greatly appreciate any effort to help me!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 12:12:04 PM, on 9/9/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S3TRAY2] S3Tray2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe irprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMLREF] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\BMMLREF.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKMAPHELPER] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TP4EX] tp4ex.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EZEJMNAP] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UC_Start] C:\IBMTools\Updater\ucstartup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ibmmessages] C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCTRAY] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCWLICON] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMGAG] RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\pwrmonit.dll,StartPwrMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Registry Scan] regscan32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Registry Scan] regscan32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ibmmessages] C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IBM Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O11 - Options group: [JAVA_IBM] Java (IBM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061...all/xscan53.cab

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:50 AM

Hello cattalk,

Do you have a firewall ? You can install ZoneAlarm: ZoneAlarm Free. Read the Tutorial, and use the "Configuration Wizard" to configure program
permissions. Give access to Internet Explorer and Norton AV in the Internet Zone if you are getting a "New Program Alert". Read the "Alert Advisor" and "Validation" field. If there is an unknown program press the "Deny" button.

Enable everything in msconfig to ensure that the programs show up in your HijackThis log. Do not REBOOT your computer, rebooting will activate the programs.
After this post a new HJT log please.
Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

#3 cattalk

cattalk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:22 PM

Hi Cryo,

I don't believe I have a firewall. Although I am using my university's internet network. I think all the university computers have firewalls. Does that mean I might also get a firewall because of it? I really don't know about that.

A quick question: If I install firewall now, wouldn't that only prevent further viruses from coming in? How does that help getting rid of my existing problems?
I am just confused about that.

#4 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:40 PM

Hi Cryo,

Although I am using my university's internet network.

Should be OK then. Don't install one now. Ask the system administrator what to do. He will know what's the best option.

Posted Image

#5 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:49 PM

A quick question: If I install firewall now, wouldn't that only prevent further viruses from coming in?

cattalk,

You are right. The firewall will only prevent further viruses from coming in. This will not solve your actual problem.

To solve your present problem enable everything in msconfig to ensure that the programs show up in your HijackThis log. Do not REBOOT your computer, rebooting will activate the programs.
After this post a new HJT log please.

Posted Image

#6 cattalk

cattalk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2004 - 08:57 PM

Hi Cryo,
I enable all the programs in my msconfig. Here is the new hijack file. Thank you so much!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 9:54:51 AM, on 9/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\QCONSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TpShocks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY_1\TpScrex.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\zhen xu\My Documents\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S3TRAY2] S3Tray2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe irprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMLREF] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\BMMLREF.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKMAPHELPER] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TP4EX] tp4ex.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EZEJMNAP] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UC_Start] C:\IBMTools\Updater\ucstartup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ibmmessages] C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCTRAY] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCWLICON] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMGAG] RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\pwrmonit.dll,StartPwrMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cryptographic Service] C:\WINDOWS\System32\yfufbzkl.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ibmmessages] C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IBM Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O11 - Options group: [JAVA_IBM] Java (IBM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061...all/xscan53.cab

#7 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2004 - 04:31 AM

Hello cattalk,

You need to unzip HijackThis to a folder other than the Temp directory, Desktop or My Documents. Unzip HijackThis! to it's own folder, e.g. c:/hjt .

Print this instructions because you are not able to access the Internet in SafeMode.

1. Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders:
A. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.
B. Click the View tab.
C. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
D. Uncheck Hide extensions for known filetypes and Hide protected operating system files.
How to see hidden files in Windows

2. REBOOT into SafeMode: Starting your computer in Safe mode, use the F8 method.

3. Run HijackThis!, press "Scan" and tick the boxes next to all these, close all other windows and browsers, then press "Fix Checked" button.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cryptographic Service] C:\WINDOWS\System32\yfufbzkl.exe

Search for this files and delete them if found:
1. Click Start > Search.
2. Click "All files and folders."
3. In the "All or part of the file name" box, type, or copy and paste, the file name:
4. Verify that "Look in" is set to "Local Hard Drives" or to (C:).
5. Click "More advanced options."
6. Check "Search system folders."
7. Check "Search subfolders."
8. Click Search.
9. Delete the file.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\yfufbzkl.exe <-- this file

regscan32.exe <-- this file

4. Empty the Recycle Bin.

5. REBOOT normally.

6. Install this Security Update: Security Update for Windows XP (KB835732). REBOOT.

7. Go to Windows Update: open Internet Explorer --> click on the Tools menu --> Windows Update, and install all critical updates.

8. REBOOT. Run HijackThis! again and post a new log.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users