Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im going to enable DHCP :(

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 johnmoring

johnmoring

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:12 AM

Hi Guys

Im only getting 169.254 ip address, this happened all of a sudden one day, i went on xbox live in the morning then at night it said failed ip and i cannot get back on, i am using an ethernet cable- plugging one end into the xbox and the other into my laptop. I am ogged onto my router and "DHCP Client Enable" that box is unticked underneath that it says "Host Name" and has "UK" in it at the time of writing this.

I was wondering if i ticked this box would i be able to get on xbox live again?

I am using an ADSL Router.

This router allows me and my sisters laptop on the internet, i can plug the ethernet cable straight into the router from my xbox and it will allow me online, but it does not do the same from my laptop

Thanks Guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users