Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

javascript (?) popup warning that interrupts internet connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tbird4

tbird4

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

hello,
i have a very annoying javascript (?) popup warning that randomly occurs when i use an internet browser (especially IExplorer) or MSN Messenger. the pop up warning says "! warning" and then some illegible (java)script that mentions "PC" two times. the pop up will interrupt my internet connection until i close the window. i became infected with this pop up in the Los Angeles area, although now i currently work in Seoul, South Korea. i use Windows XP as an operating system.

i have run checks Norton Antivirus (full scan), Windows Defender and Combofix and none of these programs have detected a problem. (i think that this is the case with Combofix, although I have not completely deciphered the log.)

helpful comments will be very welcome.

sincerely,
tbird

Edited by tbird4, 20 August 2009 - 11:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tbird4

tbird4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:33 PM

postscript: a screen shot of the warning is posted on this site:

http://wiz.skku.edu/wiz/wizard/frames/serv...;menu_seq_open=
click on the .jpeg icon labeled with "screen_shot_javascript_warning" to see the image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users