Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to Reinstall Norton IS '09 but lost CD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisMN

ChrisMN

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

Hey there all,

I have been encountering problems with my Symantec Norton Intenet Security 2009. It has worked great for like 11 months untill now. I keep getting error messages from Microsoft.

Please see the following error messages and technical details I have linked in a reply below using RapidShare.

I have been told and I to think that I need to uninstall NIS2009 and reinstall, I HAVE A VALID KEY!! JUST NO DISC! What do I do?

Thanks all!!

ChrisMN

Edited by ChrisMN, 20 August 2009 - 05:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

I apologize that you have to use links to navigate to the photos. I cannot add image attachments in this forum.

This is a screenshot of my Norton toolbar for Internet Explorer. When I use this my memory resources skyrocket and Norton IS '09 crashes instantly.

Norton IE Toolbar that causes Symantec to crash.

Microsoft Error Message

Microsoft Error Message Details

Thanks!

EDIT: Found link here at BC to obtain NIS 2009. THANKS BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ChrisMN, 20 August 2009 - 08:08 PM.

#3 mrl636

mrl636

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

I had the same problem with Norton 2009 at about the same time as your post (ChrisMN). Last night I called Norton and had to reinstall the program. It worked fine the rest of the night. Today, it's doing it again . A message box comes on and says that Service Framework encountered a problem and needs to close. A couple of minutes after the program shuts down and the icon disappears from the system tray bar, it reappears. It did this twice will I was typing this.

#4 Carfan500

Carfan500

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

I have been having the same problem; tons of people have. There was a faulty update released that causes Norton products to crash. You might want to try monitoring the norton website tl see if a fix is announced. I don't think there is one yet :thumbsup:

#5 mrl636

mrl636

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Norton told me there is no fix yet as of about noon. They told me to uninstall and reinstall when it happens. I go to Add or Remove programs and then reinstall from a program that they gave me to put on my cpu (NAV09EN). I then do a live update. I did this at noon and have had no programs YET

#6 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:53 AM

Ok good to hear its not just me. Hope Symantec gets it all straightened out.

#7 Carfan500

Carfan500

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

They just released a fix: http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/...e=1251060844812 It worked for me! :thumbsup:

#8 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

SYMANTEC UPDATED PATCH. ISSUE RESOLVED.
(08/23/2009)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users