Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Websites do not acknowledge that i've logged in

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cool runnings

cool runnings

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

Many sites that i visit (including bleepingcomputer.com just now) react as if i didnt even login, although i've entered correct username/password. Example: bleepingcomputer.com i logged on ok, then clicked to adjust my e-mail settings, then the next page it took me to was the "Home" or 'welcome" page, and it asked me to log in - EVEN THOUGH I COULD SEE MY USERNAME AND P/WORD (...........) displayed just to the right. It wouldnt give me the option to access any "My topics" etc. :thumbsup:
This is happening about 1/2 the sites i log on to: Usually it just goes right back to sign in, OR in a few cases, the next page w/ be displayed while it is still loading, and I CAN SEE MY WELCOME PAGE W/ MY NAME, PERSONAL INFO ETC for 2-3 sec's THEN IT TAKES ME BACK TO THE 1ST PAGE TO LOGIN AGAIN :flowers:
Running MS Windows XP Pro 2002, SP2, IE7,

Not to cross threads, but FYI, I'm also getting "IE Cannot display web page" about 1/2 the time also, then usually If i refresh one or 2 times i get the site, but not always.
Any Info/Help w/ be GREATLY Appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Turaiel

Turaiel

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

Have you checked to see if your cookies are enabled? If they are, try clearing them. Sometimes cookies aren't written to correctly, and it causes an infinite login loop. This actually happened to me with Gmail yesterday, and was corrected after I cleared the cookies.

Edited by Riker, 21 August 2009 - 10:43 AM.

#3 cool runnings

cool runnings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

Yes, Riker. I have deleted the cookies recently and still the same symptoms.
Also, (may or may not be related) in recent months i've been getting the "IE Can't display this webpage" more & more often to the point this past wk it seems almost every time go to another site or just another page (especially when i try to log-in to a site) i get this message nearly always and seems to be getting worse.
F.Y.I
Thanks for your suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users