Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is there a software that allows you to make your own vid clips?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

I have alot of videos that have dead video in them. I just want to take my favorite parts out of the videos and make one big video. Is this even possible? Right now I am using sothink to dwnload and capture videos off of the net. Is there a better software than this? Thanks in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brandonnicholson

brandonnicholson

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

Not sure about downloading the videos off of all sites but for vimeo you can download them right from the site in the bottom right hand corner of the page. For putting them together you could use windows movie maker. There is some other free video editors but i can't think of them right now. I use adobe premiere for video editing which would also do what you want but it's expensive.

#3 ajadagga

ajadagga

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:38 AM

What do you mean when you say "alot of videos that have dead video in them"? You don't mean video cassettes do you? or do you mean malfunctioning video files. If it's video cassettes you'll need to get a video capture card, and I'm afraid I can't really help you with any of that stuff, although a quick google for "record VHS tapes to DVD" or similar should help you.

If you already have video files, well I can help! I make vids which is basically getting clips from tv shows or movies, and editing them to a particualr song to make a music video that tells a story. You will need 2 things. 1- a clipper, such as VirtualDubMod. This is to chop your movies up into small, manageable bites so your editing program can handle them. Secondly, an editing program. These come in several levels of fanciness. You will already have Windows Movie Maker on your computer if you have windows, and iMovie if you have a Mac. These come free with the machine, and will mostly likely be sufficient for your needs. Then there are some midlevel ones, such as Ulead, Sony Vegas, which will be at a middle price range, then stuff like Adobe Premiere which is pretty expensive, then right at the top Final Cut Pro, which you can only run on a Mac. You should use WMM for a one-time use, however please be aware that is it a linear editor. This means that you have to put your clips on the timeline in exactly the order you want them to play in, and you have to start at the beginning. You will only be able to put out your finished movie in .wmv format, and you may need to use a file converter as it will only take certain types of files.

In short: if they are already on your computer, chop them up with a clipper such as VirtualDubMod, then stick 'em together again with Windows Movie Maker.

Edited by ajadagga, 29 August 2009 - 11:40 AM.

#4 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 626 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

What do you mean when you say "alot of videos that have dead video in them"? You don't mean video cassettes do you? or do you mean malfunctioning video files. If it's video cassettes you'll need to get a video capture card, and I'm afraid I can't really help you with any of that stuff, although a quick google for "record VHS tapes to DVD" or similar should help you.

If you already have video files, well I can help! I make vids which is basically getting clips from tv shows or movies, and editing them to a particualr song to make a music video that tells a story. You will need 2 things. 1- a clipper, such as VirtualDubMod. This is to chop your movies up into small, manageable bites so your editing program can handle them. Secondly, an editing program. These come in several levels of fanciness. You will already have Windows Movie Maker on your computer if you have windows, and iMovie if you have a Mac. These come free with the machine, and will mostly likely be sufficient for your needs. Then there are some midlevel ones, such as Ulead, Sony Vegas, which will be at a middle price range, then stuff like Adobe Premiere which is pretty expensive, then right at the top Final Cut Pro, which you can only run on a Mac. You should use WMM for a one-time use, however please be aware that is it a linear editor. This means that you have to put your clips on the timeline in exactly the order you want them to play in, and you have to start at the beginning. You will only be able to put out your finished movie in .wmv format, and you may need to use a file converter as it will only take certain types of files.

In short: if they are already on your computer, chop them up with a clipper such as VirtualDubMod, then stick 'em together again with Windows Movie Maker.

Im sorry I thought I replied to this and said thank you. I have been out of town and will be trying this over the weekend. Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users