Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recipient Mail Bounces Back

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

The problem is I have a mailer mailing me an attachment, and the email they are sending

doesn't get to me, it bounces back to them, and they get a message that the Mail Box is

Full ?

I do not understand who's Mail Box if full,

I emptied my In and Sent and Deleted Boxes, . .

Can you tell me what probably is happening, . .

Possibly it has something to do with my ISP ?

Edited by Jove, 20 August 2009 - 05:35 AM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:18 AM

The receipient is being told that your mailbox is full.

Do you have OE set to keep a copy of received messages on the server? If you do, and don't delete from there messages will pile up in the Inbox.

You could also try to compact OE.

This article Why You Should Let Outlook Express Compact Messages When It Asks You explains exactly what compacting messages is, and why you may be seeing that message. It's possible that you don't have a lot of kept mail; however, OE stores messages within a database, which tends to grow in size and degrade the perfomance of OE. Even previously deleted messages that are removed from OE take up space in that database. Compacting your folders will REMOVE all the records that you have deleted. It may simply be a case of to many so called deleted messages are sitting somewhere on your computer, taking up drive space. This is explained in more detail in the section "What Does Compacting Messages Mean, and What Happens?"

edited to correct a typo

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 August 2009 - 03:42 PM.

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

Whoa,

Thank you Queen-Evie, . . But I am not getting this message my recipient is, and is office of the gov.

PS Wait a minute you did get that point correct ?

Edited by Jove, 20 August 2009 - 10:46 AM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

The message I receive is Can't deliver because, "Keep getting Mail Box is Full", I assume that means me, . . it couldn't mean anything else , correct ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:56 AM

The problem is I have a mailer mailing me an attachment, and the email they are sending
doesn't get to me, it bounces back to them, and they get a message that the Mail Box is
Full ?

If they are mailing you and get that message it's telling them that YOUR mailbox is full. If you know it isn't full, you may need to contact your ISP to resolve the issue.

Whoa,
Thank you Queen-Evie, . . But I am not getting this message my recipient is, and is office of the gov.
PS Wait a minute you did get that point correct ?

It makes no sense that if you send a mail, the receipient receives the notice that his/her or your mailbox is full. Only the sender should receive the notice. I did get that point because you stated the receipient was receiving the message. Then you stated

I do not understand who's Mail Box if full

and I responded to let you know it means they are being told YOUR mailbox is full.

The message I receive is Can't deliver because, "Keep getting Mail Box is Full",I assume that means me, . . it couldn't mean anything else , correct ?

If you send an email and get that message, the RECEIPIENT mail box is full. There is nothing you can do -the receipient will need clean out his/her inbox.

You have stated that the sender receives notice that your box is full, then you say YOU are receiving the message when you send the mail. So who is getting the notice, you when you send the mail, or them when they send the mail to you? Did they contact you another way to tell you they are getting notice that YOUR mailbox is full?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 August 2009 - 12:07 PM.

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

OK Your right and I made no sense, this never happened before, I didn't know what end was up, . . so sorry Queen Evie, . I's totally confounded and confused Mam !

Wink-Wink !

Pooka!

PS The original message from my recipient;

Trying to email you something with an attachment, keep getting MAILBOX
Full

I know, they or it is referring to my mailbox.

Edited by Jove, 20 August 2009 - 12:11 PM.

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

Did you check to see if you have OE set to leave a copy of messages on the server? I know from some of your past posts that you do use OE.

To check, open up OE.
Click on Tools/Accounts/Mail tab.
Highlight the name of the account.
Click Properties/Advanced tab.
Look at the bottom of Advanced for Delivery.
If Leave a copy of messages on the server is checked, you'll need to access your ISP webmail and clean out the mail from there.
Leaving messages on the server is useful if you want to access certain mails from another computer, but if
you don't clean it out, messages will pile up and fill the inbox up.

You could also check via webmail even if you don't have copies left on the server-check your spam folder. I'm not sure if messages filtered as spam count toward email storage limits, but something to check anyway.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 20 August 2009 - 12:18 PM.

#8 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

So when I went to my mailbox and saw it was not full, . .and knowing nothing about
compacting, I thought, . .How strange they are sending me something and can't because the Mail Box is full, couldn't be mine ! Must be ISP, or the govs PC !

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#9 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

Nope that is not it, I can tell you that I have cleaned up transferrs from Disc to slave drive and the deleted, I guess when I delete these archives of mail they go to my RC Bin and then to my C drive as deleted when they disappear, . .
So Compacting looks a little precarious, . . cause there are some warnings, . . I'll read into it

and check it out,

But I'm still receiving mail from other friends and they send me JPEG attachments etc.

Thing is the gov is sending me a CD, . so it was a JPEG, but that a little unusual a JPEG and it is suppose to be information I don't know why its not a PDF??

Try to let you know, whats what when it happens, . .

TYSM Q-E !

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#10 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

OH BTW, I guess I have an unusual amount of JPEG mail type deletions, . . and those that my friends send me are actually WPF, or something else but not JPEG's, so, I send a lot of JPEGS etc. over the last year etc.

Maybe there is a selective situation that the OE deleted disc archival space thing is sensitive to JPEG

Let me send my self a JPEG, If nothing happens I shall catch you later.

ATA!

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#11 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:23 AM

The first thing I noticed was the OE function to deliver a message to compact, I vaguely recall ever seeing one of those, . . but then again they occur every 100 times you turn off OE, . .

My PC is always on, and therefore excepting for restarts it seldom goes off, . .

Now I am beginning to wonder could I possibly turn OE on and off and catch up with the message, by activating it this way ?

Cause, Although I have not read into the manual instructions, it appears some risk are involved .

Why doesn't De-fragmentation, and Disc Clean Up do this sort of thing ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users