Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT - flare21990

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 flare21990

flare21990

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I start up Windows XP Pro I get the error
"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
And I also get that same error if I try to open say My Computer or My documents or any thing of that nature. It doesn't load, the error comes up, and then the desktop items and toolbar flash off for about 3 seconds then come back.

I've used Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, Symantec Antivrus, Trojan Remover all up to date and I still have this problem.

I've also tried to install SP2 but it hit some error with a .dll file I believe. I also couldn't open up notepad so this is the best I could do. I hope someone can help me with this as it would greatly be appreciated. Thank you for reading this and trying to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 flare21990

flare21990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 01:55 PM

Anyone??? :thumbsup:

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2004 - 07:30 PM

Ack...this is the first log I have ever seen like this...

Please do me a favor and start HijackThis, click on the Scan button, then save the log. When you save the log it will open a notepad with the contents of the log. Please post the entire contents as a reply to this post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users