Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help, I can't stop error message from repeating

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hapdog

hapdog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

I have an HP Core Duo computer with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. It has worked reasonably well up until this problem.

Repeatedly and regularly a message box appears with error message: "Please wait while windows configures HP DigitalMedia Archieves" Then I get an error saying that "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". It indicates that it is trying to use c:\hp\tmp\src\ to
HP DigitalMedia Archieves and I don't even know what they are. In addition, sometimes I am asked to wait while Windows configures "Sonic MyDVD Plus". This similarly fails, but another error appears stating "An installation package for the product Sonic MyDVD Plus cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'myDVD.MS' ". I do not know what Sonic MyDVD Plus is either. It is listed in my Programs folder, but I have never used it. I also think that there was a reference to a problem with "windows installer" in one error message. The system keeps asking for these even though I click "x" or "cancel" repeatedly. I can't make this stop, don't know what these things are or why I am being continuously prompted for an HP archieve I don't think I want. I have tried rebooting, but the error reappears even during the reboot.

I have rebooted several times but the error continues to reappear after reboot no matter how I respond. It is like I am in an infinite loop with no way out even if I reboot the machine. At least the machine is partially usable between error messages.

Thank you for any help out of this apparent loop.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

Have you installed any HP software ? If yes then insert that HP CD and run installation again.

#3 hapdog

hapdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

I did not install any HP hardware or software.

I forgot to mention something else that happened at the same time which is also causing a problem. I don't know if it is related or not. The volume control icon has disappeared from the taskbar. Like the recurring error messages about HP Archieves, I did not request this. I looked up how to reinstate the volume control on the taskbar through Google, followed the directions and received a message that the volume control program was not installed. Previously it had been on the taskbar and working. I followed directions on installing the volume control program (from Microsoft) and got error messages. Since the recurring error messages that I can't stop (described in the first post) seemed more immediately important, I forgot my problems with the volume control disappearing from the taskbar. I don't know if there is any relationship between the two problems, but they did occur at the same time. I also can't remember which problem occurred first.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

According to this : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/...ia-Archive.html

Its Roxio Software branded for HP computers. Did you install Roxio software?
The most common Roxio product is Roxio CD/DVD Burner that comes with CD/DVD Writer drives. You should check the disks that came with your PC. If you find it re-install the software.

About Volume Control Icon read this : http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm#volume

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users