Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 booting problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FigNuts

FigNuts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

Greetings Bleep. I am a newcomer to this website, but pretty computer literate. I have ran into a problem fixing a relatives old IBM laptop computer. My stepdad and I fix computers for people, and he is stumped as well.

When the computer boots, it gives me a selection screen of partitions it wants me to boot from [0 for default C:\ boot, 1,2,3 for the other ones.] However, I setup partition magic a few minutes ago to try to remove these 3 partitions, and there doesn't seem to be any partitions except for the default C:\ one.

The system boots fine as long as you enter 0 to start it, but I would like to skip this screen, or possibly remove the other 3 partitions that don't exist.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Edited by FigNuts, 19 August 2009 - 12:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aearch

aearch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

try editing the boot.ini file

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

go into the bios
see what the size of the drive is (it will be in mb)
and see whats the size of the drive is in windows

if their the same or very close then the bootloader have things wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users