Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen on boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 modmad

modmad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

hey if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. My computer has been stuffing up recently, it just started with small things like not being able to access other computer on my network (i could connect to the network play network games and ping other computers i just couldn't access any shared files).

The next thing is that my graphics card (GeForce 8400 gx) stopped working i tryed reinstalling the drivers and stuff but every time it would corrupt and then downgrade my display setting to as low as they could go. I eventually just pulled out the graphics card and am now running inboard GeForce 6100.

it worked fine for the next few months. but then my computer finally decides to completly stuff up. What happened was that i was listening to music on itunes then the music started lagging and i then got the blue screen of death (i didn't think to write down the error message :flowers: ). now every time i turn on my computer it finishes the window load screen and then flashes a blue screen for a second and restarts. and safe mode doesn't work nor does loading the last working windows settings.

Has anyone got any suggestions other than reinstalling windows?

My specs:
mobo: S-series GIGABYTE GA-M61SME-S2
graphics: inboard GeForce 6100
hard drive: 200GB (60GB free, mostly games on other space :thumbsup:)
processor: AMD duel core 2.4 GHz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:44 AM

I would try going into the Recovery Console...and running the chkdsk /r (space between k and /) command on the drive.

Louis

I would also consider temporarily trying a different power supply, based on your stated other situations.

Edited by hamluis, 19 August 2009 - 09:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users