Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disconnection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 criesofjoy

criesofjoy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

Hi guys.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, as it's more based on connectivity, not games, but I'll post it here and see if I get any results. Pretty much what's been happening is that no matter what game I'm playing (I play games like runescape, perfect world, cabal online, last chaos..etc) I am continuously kicked from the servers or lose connection. It started a while ago and I'm just starting to get sick of it as it effects my game play, where if I get kicked off the server, my entire party dies..things like that.

Just maybe a week ago I had someone from my cable provider to come check the modem (we have a modem for internet, phone, and tv). He changed the splitters and said everything should be better now, but its still the same problem.

So if anyone has any advice or ideas of why this could be happening, that would be great! Thank you. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:35 AM

has it always done this ?

people get kicked because their down/upload speed is to slow
and it causes every one else to lag

whats the averge speed(kbp or mbps) you get when download a file?

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

I'd take the same guess as star.

Do a regular download/upload speed test and make sure it matches up with your correct speed. My last internet company gave me NOTHING but problems with that crap. I finally got this crap fixed with them when I threatened too take them too court paying for a service that they were not correctly providing.

They ended up replacing the entire box outside after trying too repair it about 18 times.

Problem solved. :D

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 10 September 2009 - 12:39 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users