Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finally... NEW COMPUTER

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

Finally... I've collected some money on a new computer! And I have a two options of configurations to choose from, that I need an advice on.

First...

CPU: Athlon 2 X2 250 (3.0 GHz; 2 MB)
Motherboard: from Gigabyte, on AMD's 780G chipset (int. ATI Radeon HD 3200; sound; GbE)
RAM: 2 GB from Kingston, DDR2-800
HDD: 320/500 GB from Western Digital (Caviar Blue)
ODD: DVD+/-RW DL w/ LightScribe from LG or NEC
Chassis: 400 W PSU; Mid.-Tower ATX (w/ blue LED display, that displays temp. inside, fans speed... etc.)

= $368

THAT CONFIG. IS FOR FUTURE UPGRADING TO ATI RADEON HD 4850 512 MB AND MAYBE 2 MORE GB OF RAM.

Second...

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 (2.5 GHz; 2 MB)
Motherboard: from Gigabyte, on Intel's P43 chipset (sound; GbE)
RAM: 2 GB from Kingston, DDR2-800
VGA: ATI Radeon HD 4670 512 MB from Sapphire (128-bit; small form-factor (little monster))
HDD: 320/500 GB from Western Digital (Caviar Blue)
ODD: DVD+/-RW DL w/ LightScribe from LG or NEC
Chassis: 400 W PSU; Mid.-Tower ATX (w/ blue LED display, that displays temp. inside, fans speed... etc.)

= $430

So which config. do you like better / would better recommend for me? Problem in 1-st - is that I should send the PC after using it some time for an upgrade for several days again.

I HAVE A SUM OF $400-$475 TO ORDER.

* - with 1-st config. - I have a chance to buy a display and play right-away.
** - with 2-nd config. - I have a ready system block, that I shouldn't send for future upgrading (no problems).

1-st - ~2000 in 3DMark06 (after upgrading - ~15000).
2-nd - ~7500 in 3DMark06.

At 1 of Semptember Mound&Blade: The Warband (Expansion) is going to be released... so, I want to play it there with no lag.

Thanks for any thoughts and/or advices guys!

P.S. So... what we have here - 1-st.: with display and playing right away (but not sure, if strong enough for M&B2); 2-nd.: without display, but no sending for upgrading (should wait for display; not so puwerful, that if 1-st. after upgrading; no M&B/M&B2 at all at this month... :/).
P.P.S. THIS CASE IS URGENT.

rhino1366

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 19 August 2009 - 06:50 AM

Thanks for help everyone... aspecially BC Advisors... :thumbsup:

I've bought the following:

AMD Athlon 2 X2 250 (3.0; 2)
GA-MA78GM-US2H (HD 3200 int.)
Kingston 2x1 DDR2-800
WD WD5000AAKS (Caviar Blue)
NEC DVD+/-RW DL w/ LightScribe
Mid.-Tower ATX 450 W (w/ LED display)

P.S. When I mean URGENT - I mean URGENT.

rhino1366

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users